Twenty Five RANDOM Things.
1. it’s my birthday today. i’m twenty five years old. oh holy hell.
2. i’ve never been freaked out by an age until now. in fact, between ages 22 and 24, i got completely confused and often told people i was older or younger than i really was.
3. i don’t like chocolate ice cream. i’m actually not a big chocolate fan in general.
4. every night, i turn ezra’s blind UPWARDS because I am convinced that it blocks out more light. every time chris puts ezra to bed, i sneak in there and twist the blinds the correct way, facing up, because i can’t sleep unless i know that i know they are in the right position. oh, and my closet curtain can’t be open AT ALL, or i won’t sleep. it makes the room feel “messy”.
5. soooo, yeah. i’m a crazy person.
6. i could eat banana deserts 3 times a day.
7. i feel like i’m right on schedule for my ‘quarter life crisis’… you know, the one that makes you feel like you have to have everything figured out by now, and you have to hone in on EXACTLY what you want to do with the rest of your life because it’s getting to the point where ypur decisions have some permanency…
8. my hair is in my eyes right now and i think i’d rather blowtorch it than get up and find my headband.
9. i really liked ‘LOST’ and then i really hated it and then i was all into it last season, but the fact that i have to wait 9 months to see the next episode makes me kinda hate it again.
10. i’m ready for a change. a leap.
11. the other day, out in my garage, i found a spider that was like a mini tarantula. it was hairy and HUGE and its two front legs were black. then i died and went to heaven. (ooor maybe i almost blacked out with fear.) it was right where i needed to be standing to take pics for my vintage site, so i spent an hour getting up the courage to scoot it somewhere else. (it was dead, but FRESH DEAD. Not CRUNCHY DEAD. it was limp dead, people. like it could have gotten up and crawled away at any moment.) I tried to move him with a piece of paper but only pushed him closer to the wall and then died a thousand more deaths and ran inside to take a shower.
12. Then, a couple hours later, I looked out there and saw a beetle thingy that was monstrously hugenormous.
13. i then vowed never to step foot in the garage ever again.
14. i don’t like bugs.
15. i know they are good and necessary and the world would fall right off of its hinges if they didn’t squirm in my garage or whatever, but i’d almost prefer a de-hinged world over having to see them with my eyes.
16. my brother jaxon doesn’t believe in killing bugs.
17. the last time i saw him, i clobbered a wasp to death with my shoe. right under his nose. he didn’t say anything, but i felt like a murderer the rest of the day.
18. is it just me, or is 25, like, old? somehow a whole lot older than 24?
19. five years from now, i’d like to be ___________________ haha just kidding I have absolutely NO IDEA. but wouldn’t i sound all grown-up and fancy if i did?
20. twenty twenty twenty gallons of boogers have come from my son’s nose the past week. if i never see another booger again, it will be too soon.
21. i started flossing a week or so ago… not because it’s good for my teeth and gums, but because i have a dentist’s appointment in a few days, and i don’t want the hygienist lady to scold me for not flossing. because those hygienists are all psychic and somehow know when you haven’t flossed in three years. or maybe the big giveaway is that my gums bleed whenever anyone so much as looks in their direction.
22. is this post really gross? it feels like everything i’ve said so far has been really gross or sort of gross. i’m not usually all gross and stuff. my apologies.
23. i plan to live brave.
24. i’ve always thought i was a homebody at heart but i’m starting to think that i’m actually a nomad. in homebody’s clothing.
25. and… i think i’m growing up. (the scariest thing i’ve ever typed.)